Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Make-up essentials on the go

Dont you just love vacations! To get away from your kill-me-of-boredom and work-work-till-you-die routine, and do something new and exciting for a change. Like Skydiving in Dubai!(NOT farfetched). Or a day of shop-till-you-drop at the best bargain stores. Or maybe trotting off for complete relaxation and pampering at an expensive spa. Sigh...the dreams just dont stop. Specially if you are on your feet all day long!

So, while packing up for my soon trip-to-be, i go through my list of 'Stuff to pack'. Note: I love making lists. Specially on of those spiral notepads that look cute and serious at the same time. And pink just puts you in the right mood. Pretending to be Elle Woods on one of her missions, I give a skeptic, wide eagle sweep over my already packed stuff. Clothes, tick. Accessories case, tick. Shoes, tick. Personal products, tick. Carry case for travel, *blank*. O man, the hardest part of any trip. What to carry in my travelling bag?! What to leave and what to add. A long list of 'yes/no's. I mean i cant exactly drag my huge leather makeup case with me all over the airport. That would be so not a pretty sight! So...What do we do? We tackle the situation like Jane in Tarzan. Shall we girls?
I turn to a fresh page on my pink notepad, and take a gel pen in hand, all ready for mission impossible. Sorting through my makeup box, i come up with a list:


1. Compact powder: A needed product. To puff away at those oily t-zones after a tiring trip on the plane. Look fresh as a daisy. I would recommend M.A.C compact powder or dry foundation. Works wonderfully on every skin tone and color.




2. Natural blush: Bring color to those cheeks after being ice chilled in the plane seat (is it me or is the plane air conditioner too below temperature?!) Brush on to thos cheeks and touch up slightly on the face. Revlon has a really good collection there, specially in the those tiny travel compacts.


3. Lip gloss: Isnt this the most obvious thing? Cant go on without retouching those rosy lips can we? Choose a color that is light and gives life to those kissers. Preferrably natural pink. Maybelline, Get your shine on!




4. Mini eau-de-perfume: Even thought you might have the most fragrant perfume on, u still need a spritz before getting off the plane. So i keep with me Paris Hilton Hieress mini. Its just so refreshing, exactly what i need.


5. Black eyeliner: That is an essential according to the current trend. Wouldn't leave the house without it. Make sure your eyeliner stays in line since they tend to smudge with time. Avon glimmerstick works good enough.




6. Cotton pads/facial wipes: Keep a small pack in case of emergencies. Or to dab at the runaway eyeliner beneath those eyes. Any good brand works for that.



7. Brush: A tiny travel brush is a needed. Messy hair is such a turn off to your recievers, and trust me they wont settle no matter how much you try with ur palm. So just brush out the tangles and let those tresses shine.


8. Compact mirror: If you dont already have one in your blush or compact powder case, i suggest you get one quick. It is probably the most important thing in your travel bag, because without the mirror you cant apply anything.





Yup, Thats pretty much it. I got myself a nice and good collection for my travel bag. Atleast i wont have to worry about any makeup emergencies when travelling. Look good, feel good. Confidence in beauty is what it is all about. Strutt down airport hallways in those high heels with no worries, cause you got it all in that bad swinging on ur arm. So...kiss & make-up! *winks*

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment